TRIS HCl is manufactured to a 99.0% purity level under ISO with standard testing. TRIS HCl is a cost-effective choice when cGMP compliance is not required. It is widely used as a diagnostic reagent, and as a downstream processing (DSP) buffer in the purification of commercial biopharmaceuticals. When combined with TRIS AMINO™ buffer grades in a 3:1 molar ratio, it functions effectively as a physiological buffer with pH between 7.3–7.5, making it ideal for a variety of biotechnology applications. TRIS HCl is also available in a molecular biology grade with additional DNAse, RNAse, and Protease testing.
- Commercial Purification (Downstream Processing) of Biological Molecules, Including Monoclonal Antibodies and Recombinant Proteins
- Raw Materials for API / Drug Substance Formulation
- Ideal as a Buffer for Biochemistry Including DNA, RNA and Protein Purification
- Buffer for Molecular Biology and Clinical Diagnostic Applications
- Research and Development (R&D) Buffer
- Buffer for Analytical Chromatography, Electrophoresis and PCR
- Non-Sterile Excipient
- Purity 99.0%
- Total heavy metals <5 ppm
- Molecular weight 157.6
- Melting point 150.0 — 153.0°C
- pH (1.0M aqueous solution) 3.7 — 4.7
- pKa @ 20°C 8.0 — 8.4
*Values shown are typical properties and are not to be considered product specifications. Test methods available upon request.
- High purity (99.0%) and product consistency
- Manufactured in the USA
- Produced under quality systems that include: ISO 9001:2015
- Proven safe use in commercial drug products
- Broadly registered for use in all major geographies
Need a sample? Questions? Contact us.
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.