The effectiveness of nitroalkanes lies in their ability to provide alternative synthetic routes to existing compounds, as well as highly efficient routes to new compounds. The exceptional versatility and high reactivity of nitroalkanes provide a means to conduct synthetic transformations under mild conditions. Nitroalkanes can be used as effective precursors to the creation of highly substituted alkanes and alkenes, amines, carboxylic acids, aldehydes, ketones, complex heterocyclic structures and more.
In addition to their functionality as synthesis building blocks, ANGUS’ nitroalkane chemistries are commonly used as solvents for Friedel-Crafts reactions. The Lewis acids form 1:1 complexes with the nitroalkanes, providing excellent solvency, moderating their reactivity and minimizing side reactions or rearrangements. As crystallization solvents, nitroalkanes have shown the ability to drive polymorph selectivity. The combination of high polarity and low water solubility can also provide a number of advantages in solvent-extraction systems.
Nitroalkane chemistry provides the reactivity to efficiently create complex molecules often by the most direct route. Nitroalkanes produced by ANGUS under efficient C-C bond forming chemistry using the Henry, Michael and Mannich reactions. All others represented in the diagram are nitroalkane functional group transformations.
- Pharmaceutical Synthesis
- Chemical Manufacturing and Synthesis
- Epoxies, Polyurethanes and Other Reactive Chemistries
- Resins and Emulsion Polymerization
- Highly versatile reagents
- Efficient carbon skeleton synthesis
- High reactivity / mild reaction conditions
- Cost-effective synthetic feedstocks
- Provide unique capabilities
- High solubility of Lewis acids
- Stable 1:1 complex with AlCl3
- PELs favorable compared to many alternatives
- Unique combination of high polarity / low water solubility
Need a sample? Questions? Contact us.
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.