CORRGUARD™ 95 is a high-performance amino alcohol for metalworking fluids composed of 95% aminomethyl propanol in an aqueous solution. CORRGUARD-95 is an effective corrosion inhibitor and is very efficient at neutralizing acidic ingredients, such as carboxylic acids and phosphate esters. It prevents cobalt leaching, provides pH stability and enhances resistance to microbial degradation when used in conjunction with registered biocides. CORRGUARD-95 chemistry is also available in different concentrations, including CORRGUARD™-90 (90% active in aqueous solution) and CORRGUARD™-75 (75% active in aqueous solution). In addition, ANGUS offers high-purity, low secondary amine CORRGUARD™ LSA for formulating metalworking fluids compliant with TRGS 611 in Germany.
- Metal Forming Fluids
- Metal Removal Fluids
- Metal Cleaning Fluids
- Metal Protection Fluids
- Molecular weight (calc.) 89.1
- Amine value (mg KOH/g) 592
- Specific gravity @ 25°C 0.942
- Viscosity @ 25°C 147mPa•s
- Viscosity @ 10°C 561mPa•s
- Vapor pressure (anhydrous @ 20°C) 0.34 mmHg
- Flash point (closed cup) 78°C
- Freezing point -3°C
- pH (0.1 M aqueous solution) 11.3
- pKa @ 25°C 9.82
*Values shown are typical properties and are not to be considered product specifications. Test methods available upon request.
- Cost-efficient alkaline pH development
- Efficient neutralization of acidic components
- Resistance to microbial degradation
- Provides pH stability in microbially contaminated system
- Creates stable emulsions at high pH
- Improves fluid life in the presence of registered biocides
- Minimal ammonia release
- Leaches less cobalt than most competitive amines
- Tank-side benefits
- Low foam
- Broadly registered for use in all major geographies
- Primary active ingredient is exempted by U.S. EPA from regulation as a volatile organic compound (2-amino-2-methyl-1-propanol; effective June 25, 2014)
Need a sample? Questions? Contact us.
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.