ANGUS amino alcohols act as powerful neutralizers and dispersion stabilizers. They are ideal replacements for more odorous and volatile inorganic and organic neutralizers typically used in water-based emulsion polymerization processes. Our chemistries enable latex manufacturers to produce smaller particle size latex products with low-odor, enhanced stability, as well as improved application performance and safety profile.
Due to their excellent chemical stability and low volatility, ANGUS chemistries may be added in the premix stage to neutralize acidic monomers or post polymerization to neutralize acidic surface on latex. Latex neutralized and stabilized with ANGUS chemistries has been shown to provide enhanced opacity, gloss and scrub resistance, as well as improved freeze / thaw stability when used in finished paint formulations.
Need a sample? Questions? Contact us.
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.
- High-efficiency, low-odor neutralization
- Compatibility / synergy with a wide range of resin chemistries and other formulating ingredients
- Reduces particle size for improved gloss potential
- Improved rheology stability, film formation, corrosion resistance, wetting and adhesion properties in final paint formulation
- Excellent environmental health and safety profile
DID YOU KNOW?
AEPD VOX 1000 is classified as a non-VOC multifunctional additive in Europe and Asia Pacific and is considered a low-VOC additive in the rest of the world. In addition, our flagship AMP multifunctional additive is the only organic amine to achieve VOC-exemption status from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Environment Canada and the South Korea National Institute of Environment and Research (NIER).