Dow to Present Innovative Solutions at STLE 2013
Dow Lubricant & Fuel Additives and Dow Consumer & Industrial Solutions team up to show how their products contribute to the field of tribology and lubrication technology
Midland, MI - April 26, 2013
The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE: DOW) will be showcasing its synthetic lubricant technologies, metalworking fluids and fuel additives at the Society of Tribology and Lubrication Engineers (STLE) Annual 2013 Meeting, May 5-9 in Detroit, Michigan.
The Dow businesses in attendance—Dow Lubricant & Fuel Additives and Dow Consumer & Industrial Solutions—will highlight how their products and technologies can be used in a wide range of applications, such as metalworking fluids, gear lubricants, turbine oils and corrosion inhibitors. The information below provides an advance look at what Dow will showcase at STLE 2013:
- Dow Lubricants & Fuel Additives—At STLE, Dow Lubricant & Fuel Additives will showcase its UCON™ OSP Base Fluids which provide compatibility with mineral oils and synthetic hydrocarbon base oils while retaining key benefits of traditional Polyalkylene Glycol (PAG) technology. OSPs can be used as primary base oils, co-base oils and additives. In addition to OSPs, Dow Lubricant & Fuel Additives team members will be on hand to discuss the broad line of UCON™ PAG-based synthetic fluids and lubricants for applications including hydraulic fluids, gear oils, greases, compressor oils, turbine fluids and metalworking fluids.
- Dow Consumer & Industrial Solutions—Dow Consumer & Industrial Solutions multifunctional neutralizers, based on ANGUS™ technology, provide customers with solutions that address the unique challenges of the metalworking and lubricant industries. The CORRGUARD™ Multifunctional Neutralizer portfolio provides formulators with high quality specialty additives that are easy to handle, globally available and yield multifunctional benefits such as extending fluid life. At STLE, Dow will highlight CORRGUARD™ EXT Multifunctional Neutralizer, which offers formulators longer lasting, higher performing metalworking fluids with a favorable environmental, health and safety profile.
Along with its presence on the show floor, Dow will be a prominent presenter at the conference. Dow’s team of experts will discuss issues that apply specifically to tribology and lubrication engineers, including material selection and practical use application.
Technical Presentations (all times noted are Eastern Standard Time)*
Amine/Biocide Impact on MWF Performance Longevity: An Accelerated Laboratory Evaluation
- Presented by Pat Brutto, Sr. Technical Specialist – Dow Consumer & Industrial Solutions
- Monday, May 6, 2:30 – 3:00 p.m., Metalworking Fluids II Session
PAG-Based Turbine Fluid - Five Years of Varnish Free Performance
- Presented by Govind Khemchandani, Ph. D., Sr. Technical Specialist – Dow Lubricants & Fuel Additives
- Tuesday, May 7, 10:30 – 11:00 a.m., Power Generation I Session
Comparing Conventional PAGs and Oil Soluble PAG
- Presented by Budd Lee, Technical Service Manager – Dow Lubricants & Fuel Additives
- Thursday, May 9, 1:30 – 2:00 p.m., Synthetics & Hydraulics II Session
Polyalkylene Glycol Hydraulic Fluids - An Alternative for Environmentally Sensitive Areas
- Presented by Andrew Larson, Lead Technical Service Representative – Dow Lubricants & Fuel Additives
- Thursday, May 9, 2:00 – 2:30 p.m., Synthetics & Hydraulics II Session
Commercial Presentations (all times noted are Eastern Standard Time)*
Next Generation of PAG - Revving Engines of Innovation
- Presented by Brian Goldstein, Marketing Manager – Dow Lubricant & Fuel Additives
- Monday, May 6, 4:00 – 4:30 p.m., Commercial Marketing Forum
* Presentation times and locations are subject to change.
For Editorial Information:
The Dow Chemical Company
+1 989 638 8694
Gibbs & Soell
+1 847 769 5140