Dow to Present Innovative Solutions at STLE 2012
Three business units will show how their products contribute to the field of tribology and lubrication technology
Midland, MI - April 20, 2012
The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE: DOW) will be showcasing its products and technologies specially formulated for synthetic lubricant technology, metalworking and lubricant additives, and microbial control at the Society of Tribology and Lubrication Engineers (STLE) Annual 2012 Meeting, May 6-10 in St. Louis, Missouri.
The Dow businesses in attendance—Dow Lubricant & Fuel Additives, Dow Performance Additives and Dow Microbial Control—will demonstrate how their products and technologies can be used in a wide range of applications, such as metalworking fluids, turbine oils and corrosion inhibitors. The information below provides an advance look at what Dow will showcase at STLE 2012:
- Dow Lubricants & Fuel Additives—At STLE, Dow Lubricant & Fuel Additives will showcase its UCON™ OSP Base Fluids which provide compatibility with mineral oils and synthetic hydrocarbon base oils while retaining key benefits of traditional Polyalkylene Glycol (PAG) technology. OSPs can be used as primary base oils, co-base oils and additives. In addition to OSPs, Dow Lubricant & Fuel Additives team members will be on hand to discuss the broad line of UCON™ PAG-based synthetic fluids and lubricants for applications including hydraulic fluids, gear oils, greases, compressor oils, turbine fluids and metalworking fluids.
- Dow Performance Additives—Dow Performance Additives offers ANGUS™ multifunctional neutralizers, which provide customers with innovative technology that address the unique challenges of the metalworking and lubricant industries. Dow Performance Additives full portfolio of CORRGUARD™ products provides formulators with raw materials that are easy to handle and are consistently rated with high quality--and yield multifunctional benefits such as extending fluid life. At STLE, Dow Performance Additives will highlight CORRGUARD™ EXT multifunctional neutralizer, which offers formulators longer lasting, higher performing metalworking fluids at a competitive price.
- Dow Microbial Control—The Dow Microbial Control product family is designed specifically to eradicate harmful microorganisms while maintaining the composition and performance of the materials to which these products are added. At STLE, the microbial control group will show that prevention is the best medicine, with products that can be added to metalworking fluids to protect them from microbial attack, biofilm formation, Mycobacteria growth and other issues.
Along with its presence on the show floor, Dow will be a prominent presenter at the conference. Dow’s team of experts will discuss issues that apply specifically to tribology and lubrication engineers, including material selection and practical use application.
Technical Presentations (all times noted are Central Daylight Time)*
Aspects of PAGs for Heavy Duty Equipment
- Martin Greaves, Technology Leader, Lubricants –Dow Lubricants & Fuel Additives
- Tuesday, May 8, 11:30 a.m., Synthetics & Hydraulics I—Session 3J, Room 102
Oil Soluble PAGs and Aspects of their Benefits for Hydraulic Fluids
- Martin Greaves, Technology Leader, Lubricants–Dow Lubricants & Fuel Additives
- Tuesday, May 8, 2:00 p.m., Synthetics & Hydraulics II—Session 4J, Room 102
Biocide Selection for Microbial Control in Metalworking Fluids Under a Changing Regulatory Environment
- Christine McInnis, Customer Application Specialist—Dow Microbial Control, and Terry Williams Principal Microbiologist—Dow Microbial Control
- Tuesday, May 8, 4:00 p.m., Metalworking Fluids IV—Session 4D, Room 226
Performance Characteristics of PAG based Synthetic Turbine Fluid for GE 7FA Turbines
- Govind Khemchandani, Sr. Technical Specialist—Performance Fluids, Dow Lubricants & Fuel Additives
- Wednesday, May 9, 8:00 a.m., Power Generation I—Session 5C, Room 224
Commercial Presentations (all times noted are Central Daylight Time)*
Solving Today’s Energy Efficiency and Maintenance Challenges with UCON™ OSPs from Dow
- Brian Goldstein, Marketing Manager—Dow Lubricant & Fuel Additives
- Monday, May 7, 4:30 p.m., Commercial Marketing Forum II—Session 2G, Room 100
For Editorial Information:
The Dow Chemical Company
+1 989 638 9132
Gibbs & Soell
+1 847 769 5140